Congratulations on your election or appointment!
The Town of West Boylston relies on our elected and appointed officials for much of our important business. As a member of a public body, you must comply with state and local requirements if you have any questions regarding these requirements, please contact the Town Clerk's Office and we will be happy to assist you.
Oath of Office
Before you can attend your first meeting as an elected or appointed official, you must take the oath of office. Please see the Town Clerk to be sworn in. At that time, you will be given information on the Open Meeting Law and Mandatory Ethics Training.
- Mandatory Ethics Training
- Open Meeting Law Requirements for posting meetings, agendas, minutes, etc.
- Campaign Finance Requirements
- Town Clerk's Handbook for Elected and Appointed Officials
All meetings held by your board must be properly posted to comply with Massachusetts' Open Meeting Law. Be sure to visit the Open Meeting Law Requirements page listed above which has instructions on how to post your meetings and generate and approve minutes.
- Meeting Posting/Agenda Form (Word document for download)