DPW's Yard Waste Facility is located at 271 Laurel Street, and is available for West Boylston residents to drop off leaf and yard waste. It is located on Laurel Street near the Route 190 overpass. Please review the rules below.
In case of inclement weather, the Yard Waste Facility may be closed. Call 508-835-4820 for schedule updates. The facility is open April through November.
Please note: We do not collect leaves left in the gutter of the street. Leaves in the street will clog the storm drains and cause water backups in the next storm. Please compost your leaves at home or bring them to the yard waste facility.
2018 Yard Waste Facility Schedule
April 21, Saturday, 7:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
May 11, Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M.
June 9, Saturday, 7:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
July 13, Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M.
August 11, Saturday, 7:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
September 14, Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M.
October 13, Saturday, 7:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
October 26, Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M.
November 3, Saturday, 7:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
November 16, Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. - last day this year
Rules for the Laurel Street Yard Waste Facility
- Drop off site is for West Boylston Resident's use only.
- No yard waste from commercial sources shall be accepted.
- Dumping of materials other than yard waste is strictly forbidden.
- Leaving of yard waste at the gates of the site after hours is considered illegal dumping and is punishable by a fine.
- Brush/branches must be under 6 inches in diameter.
- Fence posts and lumber will not be accepted.
- Biodegradable paper bags are acceptable for disposal. All plastic trash bags must be emptied and removed from the site by the resident.
- Tree stumps of any kind or size will not be accepted at the site.
- No poison ivy, oak, sumac or other harmful plants will be accepted.