FY 2020 Tax Rate $18.58
If you are dropping off paperwork, please leave in Tax Collector’s Office.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
The Office of the Assessors is required by Massachusetts’s law to list and value all real and personal property as of January 1. All assessed values in Massachusetts are based on “full and fair cash value”. The assessors are responsible for meeting the certification requirement of the Department of Revenue. To meet these requirements, we are obligated to revalue all properties yearly, and once every three years undergo a state recertification audit.
The Office of the Assessors also administers the following programs:
- Real Estate and Personal Property Tax Abatement
- Personal Property Form of List
- Supplement Tax Billing
- Senior Real Estate Tax Exemptions
- Veteran Real Estate Tax Exemptions
- Blind Real Estate Tax Exemptions
- Chapter Land
- 3ABC Exemptions
- Tax Deferrals
- Motor Vehicle Excise Tax Billing and Abatements
- Property/parcel information
- Public Access Room
- Abutters List
- Name/Address Changes
- Registry of Deed Information
- Property Map Data Updates
|Harald Scheid||Regional Assessor||774-261-4041|
|Heather Cheney||Associate Assessor||774-261-4041|