The Department of Public Works would like to remind all residents that the winter parking ban is in effect. There is no parking on either side of the streets from November 15th through April 30th from midnight to 5:00 a.m or whenever inclement weather is forecast. The ban is designed to keep the streets open and safe and allows traffic to move during snow storms. Folks who fail to follow the ban risk a ticket and the towing of their vehicle at the owner's expense.
To assist with keeping our roads clear the DPW also asks:
- Please remove obstructions, such as basketball hoops, from the edge of the roadway. Plowing operations could damage your personal property, damage DPW equipment and become a safety hazard.
- Remember that snowblowing or shoveling from driveways should not land in the streets or sidewalks, but rather into your front yard.
- Please repair any weak or leaning mail boxes that could become damaged by flying snow during plowing operations.
- On trash pickup days, place trash barrels and recyclable containers by 7:00 a.m. near the end of their driveways and not on sidewalks during snow plowing operations.
- Stay informed! Sign up for "Public Works News" on the Town's website in order to stay informed of changing services during snow storm operations such as trash day cancellations.
- Residents are welcome to obtain sand by the 5-gallon bucket in front of DPW for use on their walkways at home. There is a sand pile located near the guardrail in the front of the DPW parking lot. NOTE: Please do not fill truck beds and no contractors, please! This is a convenience for our residents only and abuse risks its continuance.