Here's the monthly update for taxpayers and residents:
- $5,185 million = Total Budget
- September 2017 = Completion Date (facility is occupied and operational)
- What is the current status? General contractor RAC Builders has completed all foundation work, front exterior walls framed, roof trusses about to be installed, and floor trusses are being installed for the front 2-story portion of the building.
- Are we on budget? Yes. In good shape.
- Are we on time? Yes. We are approx. 1 month ahead of schedule.
- Are we on spec? Yes. We have changed which contractors will be completing the site work, but no substantive changes have been made to the building design.
- What is expected status as of March 31st? The exterior walls will be sheathed and wrapped, concrete floor slabs will be set for cells and garage area, and site work will continue as weather allows.
Cardinal Construction, Inc. of Worcester, MA has been selected as the Owner's Project Manager (OPM) for this project. The Project Executive from Cardinal Construction is Mr. Anthony DiLuzio, who has 20 years of direct field experience.
Reinhardt & Associates of Agawam, MA is the Architect for the project. Reinhart & Associates has designed public safety buildings for seven other Massachusetts communities.
The Board of Selectmen are currently working on a contract with the low bidder, RAC Builders of Agawam, MA for a total construction price of $4,047,000.