Thanks for your interest in an elected position -- the future of our Community depends on people like you! Serving on a Town Board or Committee is a great opportunity to meet your neighbors, learn about West Boylston and help our Town Government operate effectively. Below is "at-a-glance" info for prospective candidates.
Our Town Clerk’s office is the “Go To” place for election info, so phone us at 774-261-4020, stop by or send an email if you have questions.
Open Positions and Who Is Running
Here's the Election Slate as of April 13, 2017:
|Board of Selectman||3 years||1|
|School Committee||3 years||2|
|School Committee||1 year||1|
Jason Ponticelli, Jr.
|Cemetery Trustee||3 years||1|
|Library Trustee||3 years||2|
|Planning Board||5 years||1||Paul Anderson|
|Municipal Light Board||3 years||1||William D. Smith*|
|Water Commissioner||3 years||1||Michael Mard|
To run for office in the June election, you need to:
- Be 18 years old, a resident of West Boylston and a registered voter.
- Submit Nomination Papers with 40 signatures from registered West Boylston voters.
- Submit Campaign Finance forms.
Nominee Checklist (deadlines and activities)
- April 14 - obtain ("pull") Nomination Papers
- April 18 - submit Nomination Papers with signatures to Board of Registrars (Town Clerk)
- May 3 - withdraw Nomination Papers if you decide not to run
- May 4 - submit letter to Town Clerk if you plan to run as a write-in candidate
- May 26 - submit Campaign Finance forms
- July 6 - submit updated Campaign Finance forms