West Boylston’s Director of Public Works has announced the following dates for the Yard Waste Recycling Facility on Laurel Street. Residents are urged to recycle their leaves, grass clippings and other easily raked materials through this facility, as disposal in the trash is prohibited. Use paper yard waste bags or clearly marked barrels (which must be removed). No plastic bags are allowed. Brush/branches under 6” in diameter may be brought as well for recycling. No commercial disposal permitted.
The list below is the schedule for this year.
Friday April 22, 2022 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Saturday May 7, 2022 7:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Friday May 20, 2022 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Friday June 10, 2022 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Saturday June 25, 2022 7:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Friday July 15, 2022 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Saturday August 13, 2022 7:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Friday September 9, 2022 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Saturday October 1, 2022 7:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Friday October 21, 2022 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Saturday November 5, 2022 7:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Friday November 18, 2022 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. – last day this year
In case of inclement weather, the composting site may be closed. Call the DPW at 508-835-4820 for updates.
Rules for the yard waste site:
- Drop off site is for West Boylston resident’s use only.
- No yard waste from commercial sources will be accepted.
- Dumping of materials other than yard waste is strictly forbidden.
- Leaving yard waste at the gates of the site after hours is considered illegal dumping and is punishable by a fine.
- Brush/branches must be under 6 inches in diameter.
- Fence posts and lumber will not be accepted.
- Biodegradable paper bags are acceptable for disposal. All plastic bags must be emptied and removed from the site by the resident.
- Tree stumps of any kind or size will not be accepted at the site.
- No poison ivy, oak, sumac, or other harmful plants will be accepted.
Please note: The Town of West Boylston does not collect leaves left in the gutter of the street. Raking your leaves into the street for collection will result in the clogging of storm drains and water backups during the next storm. Please compost your leaves at home or bring them to the yard waste facility.