West Boylston has adopted a Pay-As-You-Throw trash model. Only trash contained in an official West Boylston Green Bag will be collected at curb-side. The monies collected from the sale of West Boylston Green Bags is used to defray trash disposal costs. We encourage you to participate in curb-side recycling, which will reduce the number of West Boylston Green Bags that your family will need.
West Boylston Green Bags are available in two sizes (15-gallon and 33-gallon), and are sold in packages of 10 at local grocery and convenience stores as well as the West Boylston Municipal Light Plant.
- To be collected, West Boylston Green Bags must close and weigh less than 40 pounds.
- Any trash not in a West Boylston Green Bag will not be collected.
- You may place your West Boylston Green Bag directly at the curb or inside a trash barrel.
Where to Buy?
- Honey Farms - 106 Worcester Street, West Boylston
- Shell Gas Station - 257 West Boylston Street, West Boylston
- Price Chopper - 72 Pullman Street, Worcester
- West Boylston Municipal Light Plant - 4 Crescent Street, West Boylston
- Stop & Shop - 940 West Boylston Street, Worcester
- Walgreens - 937 West Boylston Street, Worcester
- Maki Building Center - 35 Worcester Road, Sterling
Trouble with your Green Bags?
West Boylston Green Bags are supplied by Waste Zero. Residents who have a complaint regarding a defective/faulty trash bag should call the phone number (800-866-3954) printed on the bag to reach Waste Zero's plant in Hemmingway, South Carolina. They will mail a replacement for the defective trash bag (s) directly to you by US Postal ground mail
You will be asked a couple of questions regarding the nature of the defect and will be asked for the 4-digit date code printed on each bag. Waste Zero will research their quality records for that date code to determine if there is a trend.