The Town of West Boylston provides curbside trash pickup and curbside recycling for all households with Municipal Trash Collection through our contractor, Allied Waste Services. Recycling reduces the amount of trash that must be brought to transfer stations and landfills and directly lowers the cost of trash collection for the town. We encourage you to participate in curbside recycling. Please also consider composting your organic matter to reduce trash.
Please put all trash and recyclables out to the street by 7AM on the morning of your scheduled pickup. When your scheduled collection day falls on a holiday, that day's collection - and all subsequent collections that week - will be delayed one day. Friday's collection will be on Saturday. The only holidays affected are: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Please check the Trash & Recycling Calendar for more information.
Household trash must be placed in West Boylston Green Bags and set out by the street. Your Green Bag should be able to close and weigh 40 pounds or less. The following items are prohibited from landfills in Massachusetts and therefore cannot be disposed of in your municipal trash: major appliances, lead acid batteries, televisions and computer monitors, wood, tires, metal, yard waste, asphalt pavement, brick and concrete.
Many of the prohibited items can be recycled a the Wachusett Regional Recycle Center. Yard Waste can be disposed of at the Laurel Street Yard Waste Facility.
Curbside Recycling Collection
We recycle paper products and glass and plastic containers every week on your regular trash day. Please place your recyclables into bins and place the bins out with your trash. You can use any container to hold your recyclables, but the container must weigh under fifty pounds. All recycled materials can be co-mingled in the same bin and are collected each week.
Items to include in your curbside recycling:
- Newspaper with inserts
- Magazines / catalogs
- Phone books / office paper
- Junk mail
- Chipboard, e.g. cereal boxes, cracker boxes, etc.
- Corrugated cardboard - flatten, wax free, 3' x 3' or smaller
- Aluminum - clean of food
- No soiled paper, pizza boxes or cardboard. No plastic bags or Styrofoam.
- Glass bottles / jars - remove lids, corks. No broken glass or other glass such as light bulbs, window or auto glass, dishes, china, glasses or Pyrex.
- Metal food cans, deposit and non-deposit cans. No paint cans, aerosol cans or propane tanks.
- Plastic containers #1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 (labeled on the bottom.) No plastic bags, motor oil or chemical containers.
- Milk, juice cartons and drink boxes.
Please see the Trash & Recycling Calendar for more information on what we can recycle. Many other items are accepted at the Wachusett Regional Recycling Center. Check out our "What Do I Do With...?" page for other ideas.