All septic systems constructed in the Town of West Boylston must be permitted by the Board of Health and inspected by the board or its agent.
The Board of Health is the primary regulatory body responsible for septic systems. The Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection oversees the local implementation of Title 5 and provides us with technical assistance and training. Please visit the MassDEP pages on Septic Systems and Title 5 for more information.
The design for all septic systems must be reviewed by the Board of Health and its agent to ensure compliance with all standards.
Engineering / Inspectional Services
- Soil Testing per site: $400.00
- Repeat Soil Evaluation: $150.00
- Septic System Design Review (includes one resubmittal): $100.00/lot
- Plan Review / Disposal System Construction Permit - $750.00 includes:
- Plan Reviews (initial, one revision if needed)
- Bottom, Final, and Final Grading/Seeding Inspections
- As-built plan review and Certificate of Compliance
- Title 5 Inspection Report Filing Fee: $50.00
- Component Repair: $150
- Abandonment: $150
- Repeat Inspection: $150
All septic systems must be designed under the current Title 5 Code.
Any questions, please contact the Board of Health office at 774-261-4075