Residential property tax bills were recently mailed for FY'2018. The first quarterly payment is due February 1st.
Our property tax rate went down slightly this year. The rate for 2018 is $18.72 per $1,000 in assessed value, a 0.43% decrease from 2017.
Property values in Massachusetts continue to rise and this was reflected in the 2018 property assessments. Though the valuation of individual properties is unique based on their location, building type and amenities, we wanted to provide information to help property owners understand the larger context for this year's property taxes.
- The assessed value of an average single-family home for 2018 was $289,955, a 6.41% increase from 2017.
- Owners of smaller homes like Capes and Ranches had the highest increase in valuations, between 5% and 16%, due to increased sale prices of those style of properties.
Our website contains information on
- historical trends in our property tax rates and assessments
- how to get detailed information about your property assessment
- what to do if you believe there is an error in your property’s assessed value